Getting dressed up as your favorite movie character has always been fun and without any doubt, this is one of the reasons why everyone looks forward to Halloween! However, with the passage of time, things have changed a lot and getting dressed up as your favorite character or cos-playing is not just limited to Halloween.
Comic cons are held annually in various places and they present the best opportunity for cosplayers to display their prowess. Besides the costumes, it is the use of cosplay contact lenses that has totally changed the game.
Here we share a few outstanding cosplay looks that you can create!
The Mad Hatter
Who hasn’t read Alice in Wonderland? It is full of extremely lively characters and it is no surprise that people love to dress up as characters from it. From the queen of hearts to Tweedledum, there is a lot to choose from!
That said, Mad hatter has always been the most popular choice as it is not only a colorful character but also lets out one’s inner creative side.
- For the mad hatter look, you will need to invest in a pair of Wolf-xtreme lenses and be very efficient in makeup.
- You start off by applying either white face paint or makeup to your entire face, making sure that it is blended properly.
- Before you begin your eye makeup, make sure you put on your lenses. You will need to layer one eye lid with electric blue and the other eye with purple eye shade. However, make sure that you highlight your rims with white eye shadow.
- Use Vaseline to tame your eyebrows before lathering them with ginger eye shadow. You can even go ahead one step and stick bushy eye brow extensions in the same shade. Use bright pink eye shades under both eyes.
- Use a white eyeliner to paint your eyelashes.
- Put on your ginger wig, your costume and you are ready to go!
Marilyn Manson has always been a popular choice when it comes to cosplaying. Marilyn Manson is always in the news and is quite notorious for a number of reasons.
Getting dressed up as Marilyn Manson is not at all difficult. All you need is white face paint or makeup, lots of black eye shadow and the most important thing, your ‘Dead-white’ extreme lenses.
One important thing to remember is that when you are cosplaying as Marilyn Manson, you wont be able to play around with colors as everything is black and gothic.
- Use white face paint or makeup sparingly on your face and make sure you blend it in.
- For the Marilyn Manson look, you will need to put the dead white lens in only one of your eyes. You can either keep the other eye in its natural state or you can use a ‘Blackout’ lens in that eye to create a more gothic look.
- Use lots and lots of black eye shadow all around your eyes and blend it in.
- Finish off your makeup with black lipstick and completely slicked back or side-parted and slicked hair. You can add spiky jewelry such as cuff bracelets to make yourself look more authentic.
Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty
Though generally fairy tale characters are cos-played by children, Maleficent is
one character that is cosplayed more often than any other fairy tale character and with the impending release of its new movie, it is going to be even more popular.
- To create this look, you will need to be pretty good in contouring as you wont be using any prosthesis. You will also be needing cosplay contact lenses in ‘Hulk rage’ to create a realistic look.
- Start off by using the lightest possible foundation shade on your face and neck to create a flawless ivory base. Go one shade lighter to highlight your chin, forehead, under-eye area and near the jaw bone, leaving the cheekbones.
- Use a darker shade of foundation to fill in the spaces you left and blend them in.
- Use Taupe eye shadow and use it on the hollow of your cheek bones and from the outer angles of the eye to the hairline.
- For your eyelids, use ivory and dull gold eye shadows and to add a pop of color, you can also use a pink and peach eye shadow as well. Line your upper and lower rims with a grey-black eye shadow and you can even use it in the crease of your eyes to create a shadow.
- Use black mascara on your eye lashes and use it sparingly.
- Use a brow gel in black to give your eye brows an arched appearance and top off your look with shimmery red lipstick.
Cosplaying Lets Out Your Inner Creative Juices, So Don’t Hold Back When You Are Cosplaying!